Thursday, December 27, 2007

keeping up to date

Well, where do I start? Hmmm.... I guess I’ll start during the time I failed PHARMACOLOGY.

That definitely did it for me. I was so down not because i failed myself but because I failed my parents. They were expecting that I would finish nursing in just 4 years and that I would graduate in Xavier University Ateneo de Cagayan (a very prestigious school in CDO). But I guess I’ve shattered that dream of theirs. I have been depressed for like the whole duration of our summer break. But of course, I can't stay that long. I have to move on with my life. I have even considered changing course as long as I graduate as an atenean. But of course, my mom won't let me because after all, I have spent the last 3 years working my ass off in nursing. She won't let me so I have only one option and that is to find another school. Of course I was reluctant at first because I really like going to school in XU. I have a history with it. I found my closest friends there and I really love it there, maybe because most of my cousins finished their studies there and also my dad graduated there. So, I was very sad when I processed my paper to leave ateneo and find another school. I lost my will to finish college during those trying times, maybe because I failed and another would be embarking to a different school. Adjusting again and finding new friends.

That when I came to Liceo de Cagayan. I never really liked the school at first. My mom and I just went there just to ask about the school and what my options were if I do go to that school, but of course I wasn't planning to go there. I just went there because my mom forced me. My mom can be very bossy sometimes. So, we went there and as I was there just standing and very disinterested with the school. What can I say, I’m pro atenean. Hehehe. Anyways, on with the story, I was there standing, letting my mom do the talking. When I saw my fellow ateneans also are transferring because of failure in their subjects. Like me. So, they told me that they are processing their paper so that they can transfer and that I should also do the same. So, right there I saw some hope that maybe adjusting there won’t be so bad because I have them along. So, what was supposedly just an inquiry, turned to be the actual day I transfer schools. Luckily, my mom brought all the stuff I needed to transfer. So, after that everything is history.

I am now currently going to school in Liceo de Cagayan. It’s been a year since I transferred and I have never looked back. Right now, I am happy with my life. I found new friends and of course all the transferees are good friends. We somehow have a special bond, and of course I haven’t forgotten my old friends. Now, I am enjoying life and my grades are not in a danger zone as we speak (not yet..hehe). I guess, this is a blessing in disguise for me. Maybe, I am not cut out for a very high standard, hectic schedules, and harsh C.I.s. Maybe I am more of a chill type of environment. Whatever it is, I am grateful. I can’t complain, after all, I am not the one paying my tuition.

So that’s it, that’s how my life was for the past year. My next blog would be about my life in Liceo. Till then, write some comments about this blog. Thanks.

No comments: